It's a darling thing.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Call Me A...

Night Owl =)

There is something to be said about nighttime.  The dark, the quite, the peacefulness…and a rebellious spirit inside of me that screams to do the very opposite of what the world around me deems necessary.  Why I take such pleasure in staying up late is beyond me, but all-nighters are periodically my specialty.

Tonight is no exception, and I'm reflecting on my short trip to Kentucky.  I went with some wonderful young men and ladies to the Radical Conference at Southern Theological Seminary.  So, one may assume that I wish to write about all the speakers who convicted me and the truths I scribbled down during every breakout session – and I do – but not tonight.  Tonight I’m thankful for the glimmer of a memory and the people in it.

Have you ever been with a group that made you want to stay up late, eat taco bell, sing as you fly down the highway, and laugh about love lives and footy pajamas? Well, that’s exactly what we did.  We talked and laughed and sang and danced down the aisles of Walmart.  We were night owls, and we paid the piper the next morning to be sure.   But, we don’t regret it.

We found out what everyone would eat on their deserted island, we smashed a box of chips ahoy, we pounded some tacos, we basked in honestly. 

Here’s to the nights where you stay up late talking, praying, laughing, and loving.  Those wee hours are irreplaceable.  Embrace them; sometimes they’re more satisfying than the covers.

To those of you on that memorable weekend, thanks!


Matt à http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNxb28j5C1w&ob=av3e March 23rd McDangerous has a date, if you read it :p



#chapsticktogether

No comments:

Post a Comment