It's a darling thing.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

You Had This Coming

Dear Reader, do me a quick favor and pretend it’s still Monday (I wanted this out yesterday!)

Well, it’s a Man-hating Monday for sure.  I want to try this thing where I talk about Men on Mondays (mostly the good, sometimes the bad and, for now, the ugly).  Man, do I have a lot to say today.  Recently some things have happened to me, brought upon by my lovely opposite gender, that have rendered several to say, “you should really blog about that!”  So, if Tweedledee and Tweedledumb are reading this…you had it coming.

Tweedledee is a rather dishy fella who caught me while running errands with my friend (we’ll call him) Dearest. After catching my eye, he excitedly said he had a question for me.  He explained that he was invited to a rather swanky and dignified event on Valentines Day and rambled something that basically computed as: dancing, fabulous people, and a smashingly dignified dress to be sure.  My little darling heart skipped a beat or two at the thought of getting all dolled up to dance the night away!  At this point in the conversation Dearest made a sneaky exit, as he anticipated where this little convo was headed.  As Tweedledee’s piercingly blue eyes intently rested on mine, he confessed the need for a classy little date on that night.  Since it was Valentine’s Day, I knew I would be available, and with this charming gent in such desperate need - I ever so suavely confessed that I, myself, did not have any plans.
It was at this point that the world stopped.
Seriously, everything froze except for the venomous words spilling out of his mouth: “Oh, I didn’t mean for you to go with me, I just wanted advice on who to take….”
Now, readers, you must know that I hold myself to a very classy standard, with (from what I’ve been told) a fair amount of swag, so although I acted nothing but calm, cool, and collected, my insides screamed the very word that just uttered out of your mouth (Whhhaaaaaattt?).
Needless to say I was inwardly mortified.  Who DOES that?  **brace yourself…it gets worse**
After that beyond delightful conversation, Dearest, equally appalled at the audacity of this seemingly dapper chap, sent out an ambiguous little frustration Tweet.  As we watched it get Re-Tweeted, we stumbled upon Tweedledee’s most recent update - a plea for any available females on Valentine’s Day who were up for a charming little event.
OUCH.
Well (here comes the swag) I wish him well tonightbut I know he would have had a darling time with me!

Now, here’s the short little story about Tweedledumb.  He’s kinda cute, but his whit and humor are what wooed me in to be sure!  I came into contact with him for long periods of time and experienced nothing but playful banter (which is my FAVORITE) and shameless flirting.  This started upon our second meeting, and I was quite impressed: he cracked me up and kept me on my toes.  I was talking to some girlfriends that witnessed our interaction and I smiled and simply relayed that it was pure fun, and a little intrigue, or so I thought.  Turns out he had a girlfriend.  A serious girlfriend.  He NEVER would have mentioned her to me, and I really didn’t believe it at first.  I had a neutral party spy on our interaction - and she admitted that in the way he acted around me, one would never guess he was a taken man. 
I still see him on occasion and he still flirts it up, with the occasional snowball fight, practical joke, and never ending laughter.  If I was his girlfriend, I wouldn’t be the happiest.  I sure wasn’t.  Good thing I knew I should guard my darling little heart early…if only I had the same warning before dealing with Tweedledee.

So to Tweedledee and Tweedledumb, you have a lot to learn.  And, as much as I hate to admit it, this little darling does too <3

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. Tell me who the idiot was and I'll post it note his car then wrap it in duct tape and write happy Valentine's Day on it. Totally serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahaha...oh Molls, THIS is why I adore you =) And you KNOW I would do the same for you (tell Bradley to watch himself) hehe! xoxo Thanks for reading!!

      Delete