It's a darling thing.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dear Mr. Oscar

Welp, here’s the thing. 
It’s been a while, a lot has happened, and I’m not quite sure where to start…

 I guess the first thing to mention is the fact that (NEWSFLASH!) Tweedledee apologized (read blog: You Had This Coming).  My death threat has been revoked, my girlfriends can stand down, and everyone is free to go about their business.  It was actually the sweetest thing - he waited until we were alone and confessed that he realized how he had acted and that he never meant it to come out that way.  He also confessed that he had a really hard time “reading” me (which I admitted was hilarious on my part) and that he really wanted to be friends. So, mission impossible accomplished. Tweedledee and I are now acquaintances/freindzies. Lucky him! When I asked him if he had read my blog, he said no…I told him he should =)

 Other than that - I’ve traveled to Kentucky for the Radical Conference, last weekend to Portland for the Justice Conference, and am heading to Siesta Key, FL on Thursday for Spring Break!! That being said, I have some really serious/thoughtful blog posts pending…stay tuned!

 But here’s a little tidbit regarding the Oscars the other night - I have some thoughts!

Firstly, I was ashamed to say that although I had heard about several of the movies that had Oscar nominations, I haven’t seen the majority.  But that will soonly be fixed (movie night, SB 2012!).  Everyone loves to rag on what the stars are wearing on the red carpet, how they conduct themselves, and what they say…and this darling is no exception…I took notes! 

 My first note was on the make up, because boy was there A LOT.  Not to say that if I were on TV that I wouldn’t want 12 layers of foundation caked on, but some stars seriously looked like they had been shot by a bronzer bazooka.  Any star’s hairdo near an open flame would have engulfed the entire event for sure…saving only Oscar himself, who’s a manly 8.5 pound gold-plated solid bronze. What a stud. 

That brings me to my next note: Oscar is not a dumbell!




George, I never thought I'd say this, but you're doing it wrong.



HOWEVER, there are certain starts that can do NO wrong…





Mr. Plummer, Meryl: we applaud you!



 Octavia Spencer, you are my new favorite! If you didn’t see her speech, it was basically the CUTEST thing ever…I’m freaking out! à http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj5ao1KNBkY





The little Oscar-party goers I enjoyed the show with were appalled at JLo’s wardrobe mishap…but alas - according to her stylist, there was no such thing à http://www.accesshollywood.com/jennifer-lopezs-stylist-there-was-no-oscar-slip_article_61263





Who doesn’t love Emma Stone?!?!

She’s hilarious, and her awkwardly charming humor stole the show in her swimmingly red bow-dress.





 In other news, someone get Angelina a sandwich. Fast.





 And lastly, Sandra will always be the very essence of class.  Although I hate the fact that her face looks somewhat altered from the first time I fell in love with her in While You Were Sleeping, she is a dashingly elegant lady through and through.






Here’s to Oscar, you sure know how to put on a show!

3 comments:

  1. girl you're going to siesta key?!? that's 30 minutes from my house!! we should meet up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i love everything about this post!!! love sandra and totes agree she looks slightly different .. but beautiful anyway. agree angie needs a sandwich pronto ... and i am so happy for meryl. well written sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks love!!!! And I forgot you were from FL!!! a meet up on SB is most certainly required =) Any suggestions of places to go?? We will be in search of fine men and delightful nom noms <3

    ReplyDelete