It's a darling thing.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

TWIRP Hunt

Urban dictionary defines TWIRP as: A Man/Woman unable to adapt to normal society, performing random acts of annoyance, living in seclusion in trees or bushes, under rocks.  This, first of all, just kills me -- who hides in shrubbery? Well, needless to say, that is not what TWIRP means here at Cedarville University this week.  TWIRP stands for “The Woman Is Responsible To Pay” and let me tell you, some girls are going bananas about it - and I might be one of them!  Here’s the thing: for 358 days in a year, us fabulous Cedarville females are expected to float around and wait for one of our Cedarville brothers (who I do think the world of by the way, read my previous blog:) to MAKE A MOVE.  I heard this analogy once and I will NEVER forget it: men are the hunters, women are the prey, BUT the hunter doesn’t know the prey is there until she rustles some leaves.  If I had a nickel for every time I’ve told a girlfriend or been told myself to “rustle some leaves,” I could be treating myself to a grande cinnamon mocha from now until graduation (in 86 days!).  Although we love to rustle our leaves, so many times it seems as if the hunter doesn’t hear…or care…or he thinks the prey just wants to be friends.  Which is fine, it’s whatever…until it’s TWIRP week.  There was a joke going around Twitter that this is the ladies’ turn to take over CU, because we all know the boys “aren’t doing it right.”  Here’s the thing, it’s not that the boys are doing it wrong, it may be that they’re just not doing anything at all, and this little darling can’t really blame them.  Here at Cedarville there is such a pressure put on the entire dating affair.  Casual dating isn’t really something we do (what even IS that?) Therefore, guys are overwhelmed and just care too much to accidentally lead a girl on over a friendly coffee date.  And so commences TWIRP, and let me tell you what has happened: some bold little ladies are recognizing some amazing brothers in Christ and are treating them to java, donuts, and sometimes even dinner.  On Tuesday I went on a TWIRP hunt (it was latte for your hottay day) and below are the little shenanigans I saw going on around town…so with two days left, ladies, who are you gunna TWIRP??? 























1 comment:

  1. Part of me wishes that I was single so that I could really take advantage of TWIRP, but I did my part by treating my mad to dinner twice this week so far and will treat him to Chuck's again tomorrow night.
    You should have seen my roommate last weekend. She was trying to come up with a good way to TWIRP random guys this week. One plan was to randomly email CU men and say the first to reply would get a TWIRP date. It was priceless. But she ended up TWIRPing a guy friend's roommate. She definitely appreciated the chance to get to know the guy better.
    I like how most of CU approached this week, as a fun way to get to know people better.

    ReplyDelete